Jaime Gutierrez - My Audition for the Deakin University

Контактная импровизация (КИ) — танец, в котором импровизация строится вокруг точки контакта с партнёром. Контактная импровизация является одной из форм свободного танца

Модератор: Админы

Правила форума
Контактная импровизация

Сообщение контактная импровизация » Пт июл 31, 2009 4:27 pm

From Youtube.com

Описание:

NEWS FOR ALL PEOPLE. MY AUDITION WAS SUCCESFUL, I AM NOW A MEMBER OF THE DEAKIN UNIVERSITY, NOW ALL I NEED TO DO IS TO PASS THE IELTS OR THE TOEFL.... ONE MORE TIME

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT PEOPLE

Hello people

First of all, I wanna thank all of you, friends and contacts, for all the support made for all my videos. Since that,hewre I present you a different material for everyone: This is my audition for the Deakin University, for the major on Drama; established in February, 16, 2009. But I'm in Colombia, and I have to send this video to Australia in the next days; until then, yopu can enjoy all our job. I mean the One made by the Corporacion Maestra, Andre Perez, and finally me. Jaime Enrique Gutierrez Perez

For now, let me explain you the rules, and the meanings of the next videos that you arte watching here.

1. The video thta begins here is an imporovisation excercise, which involves an image presenrt here in the video; now, with this image, I have to represent, with all my body, the feelings and the emotions that are inspired in me. Now I am not allowed to plan nothing here, I only have to be spontaneous, and try to ditrbutw my space as best as possible. First I must do this with no sound, only the mo0vements of m ny body; and then I must doi sounds with everything, it can be words, or just surrealist sound every time I have the wish. This exercise?, both part 1 and 2, are supoosed to be bertween two and three minutes. And I must film it to be able to show ot those who are 9interested, not only the staff from Deakin University.

Remember, this is just improvisation; therefore, I'm supposed to plan niothing,

2. This is jusst the reading of a monologue sent from theDeakin University. Now here, the actor is always playing weith many thingsa that involves the scenario, not just it's own body. I.E. Who am I speaking? Where is the setting? What era the play is supposed to be taking place? How is my character feeling? Everythingof things that contribute the develoipmkent of the scene and the doalogues themselves. Stanislavksi requires for the actor to have absoilute concentration in every part, and he suggests that he, or she, better train both the foicus and concentrartion centering in one space. Thios is exactly the idea. To keep the foucs in the character, being involveed in my character.
However here, I must do this two times, considering every question in its own way for every presentation. I'm, not suppossed to learn all the dialogue, But I have for reasons that I prefer not to reveal here. Yert, I was able to maintain the foucs in the main ideas of the monologues and the qords, without anything else. Something that also Stanislavski suggests, not to memorize the text itself, since it can distract the actoe from the space of its character and the setting. I do noit know if it isa 100% Stanislavski, however I prefer to guide through his mnethod, in orde to do a better character.

3. Finally, I cdecided to add an annex, for explainign an ulterior, if I can say so, reason , for presenting this video, and Why AAsurtralia,....Why this beautiful country? Let's see iof the experts like it.

Weel, nothing else is here, and Now... MY AUDTION FOR DEAKIN UNIVERSITY.

P.D.:Stanislavkis waS the father of the "realistic theatre", one tha is able to connect the actor himself, or herself, to the audinece, and the daily problems of a determinde time; so he got rid of all the cliches that invaded rthe theatre, and also the pompous actors that onmly wanted acclain here in the scene. His method xcconsisted in reading and memorizing the script, for which tghe actor can identify the era and the manners of his character, at the same time, that he copes the feelings of his past experiences woith his character, in order to make it more realistic. Marlon Brando, Lee Strasberg, and also Steve Buscemi were influenced in their Method Acting with Stanislavski. Perhaps this technique is used the most in countries like Russia, Ukraine, mainly Slavic ones.

My teacher says thi technigque is useful, but also one have to be careful because of the consequences

Thanks for the space of thie boring expositions, ans aldo thanks to the MaestraCorp (Corporacion Maestra), who help me doing this video.

Enjoy. And please comment,

контактная импровизация

Вернуться в Контактная импровизация